Sunday, December 18

wrapping up Christmas

It is finally Christmas break!! I am so excited. That last week wore me out. I was determined to get all the fun holiday goodness that I planned completed and I did! Our party was super fun and the kids were well behaved. For our book exchange, so many ways to do it, I decided to play hot book. We all sat in a circle and passed a wrapped book. When the music stopped you got to keep it. The circle got smaller and smaller until everyone had a book. Then they all unwrapped their books. I had my kids bring gently used books so they did not have to spend money.

How to decorate a Christmas tree interactive writing.
We also used this for graphing how many lights, ornaments, stars, and presents were on our tree.



Candy cane graph from Deanna Jump's Christmas math and literacy unit. The kids who liked candy canes painted the red stripes. The kids who did not like candy canes cut out a star and added glitter to it.


This is what the kids made for their parents. Our laminator at school is broken so I didn't get to laminate them. I thought about using my Scotch laminator, but film is too dang expensive to laminate 25 of these things.

This is what I gave to my kiddos for a gift. I provided the label if you want to make elf pillows. My packaging is not very cute- ran out of time.


Enjoy your break off from school!!! My husband is finally home from Anguilla. He gets a little time off then he will start hospital rotations in Chicago. Anyone teach in Chicago? Email me if you do.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I *love* your trees and Santas!! Awesomely cute!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

CarolV said...

I teach in Palatine at a Lutheran School. Palatine is a NW suburb of Chicago. How can I help?

Busy Bees said...

I just bought "Elf Pillows" yesterday and didn't even know it. Love, love, love it...so going to do it tomorrow seems how I have 2 more days. Love all of your cute things!
Robynn
BusyBees

Buggy for First Grade said...

I love your cute ideas! I am a follower!
Ms. McBee’s Kinderbugs

Anita said...

I've nominated your blog for the Sunshine Award! I'm sure you have received it a bazillion times already, but here is a bazillion-and-one! Thanks for your awesome posts and inspiration!
Anita
Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

Chrissy said...

The candy cane/star activity is adorable!
Have a great break!
ReadWriteSing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...