Saturday, October 4

A peek into my room

We have celebrated three birthdays this school year. When it is your birthday, during morning work, everyone colors a page just for you. The child celebrating the birthday gets to color the front cover. Simply collect all the pages to make a class birthday book. I adapted this cute idea from Christina Bainbridge.
 

You also get to take home one of these cute birthday balloons from What the Teacher Wants.
This is how I display my birthdays. The frame is from Ikea.
This year our school district is implementing a new program called Literacy By 3. Look at our brand new leveled library! So excited about this. All of the colorful bins are from Big Lots.

Every year I love to include these three adorable crafts by Julie Lee!! So precious. (Chester the raccoon, No David, Miss Viola Swamp)

 This is my IB board to display the current unit of inquiry and central idea we are working on. You can get a set of the key concepts here. Learner Profiles here. Transdisciplinary themes here.
We have been learning all about what a scientist is. The pieces for this anchor chart are from Chalk Talk.
This is currently our bulletin board. I am loving the flamingo trend right now.
I love reading Lacy Walker Non Stop Talker at the beginning of the year to discuss the importance of being a good listener. Chart inspiration from Cara Carroll
 
I love making class books and try to make them regularly. It is always the first things my kids choose to read. Our kindergarten crew class book!

I found this idea on pinterest and started implementing it after our number talks.

While learning about circles we made pancakes!! We graphed blueberries or chocolate chips. Then we made chocolate chip pancakes.  
While cooking they completed this little how to.
We spent some time learning our names!



Here is peek into my classroom! (The charts below are for The Kissing Hand and Chrysanthemum)


 In my classroom we have individual desks, tables, and carpet squares for children to work at.
 
 These are the kiddos mailboxes where they keep their pencil box, binder, and their towel for rest time.

 

10 comments:

obat ace maxs said...

just blogwalking.. Nice post and have a nice day :)

Alane Barker said...

Just stumbled onto your blog and I love it! Congrats on your engagement and new placement! New follower!

Justin said...

While there are various different variables in delivering solid, lively, book-adoring youngsters, perusing to them holds gigantic quality. As we move far from hard print and into an advanced age, bound books are here and there lost. check cashing san-diego

Justin said...

For the individuals who have not as much as impeccable credit, you might be charged an excessive financing cost, making you spend significantly more than you would in the event that you got an advance elsewhere. https://www.usapaydayloanstore.com/chicago

suehue said...

I just found your blog! I love it! Did you make the "How to make a pancake" page? I did not see it on TPT. What a great idea to make pancakes when talking about circles!

Tess said...

Where did you find the flamingo craft for your bulletin board? I love it!

Jessica said...

Thank you, Tess! I made the craft.

khusbhu said...

Very Well Explained your Blog is just amazing and provides profound knowledge. I would also like to induce your attention to masterspas for wide range of Swimming Spa Pools .

Renee said...

hello I just found your blog and absolutly love it...Im a preschool teacher and ALWAYS looking for new ideas and loved your birthdat books I was wondering if theres anyway that I can get a copy of it or point me in the right direction....Thank You Renee

App Developers in Bangalore said...

Thank you very nice sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...