Monday, February 13

penguin freebies

We learned that an emperor penguin can be four feet tall. So we measured ourselves against the penguin to see if we are taller or shorter than the penguin. I did this last year after I saw it on First Grader at Last. This year I created a recording sheet. You can download the sheet below.



click below to download

Here is another great idea from First Grader at Last. We read the story Pink and made pink penguins. They wrote the cutest stories. I told them to include who, what, where, when, and how. We had just learned about that when we read Tacky the penguin.

click below to download

For this activity we used the patterns from Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten. Then we talked about the real dangers penguins face. They completed the writing prompt, "Tacky saved the penguins by fooling the hunters with his crazy costume. I will save the penguins by . . ."



Photobucket

5 comments:

Gina said...

love your 4 foot penguin! I wanted to do that last week but my school is out of black paper... bummer! Yours looks cute!

vicky1970 said...

I love Tacky the penguin...those are soo cute! I'm your newest follower. So glad I found your blog. Pop on over and take a peek at my new blog when you get a chance.
~ vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Sally said...

Cute unit, but I've never heard of an Empire penguin...

Unknown said...

I just adore penguins and learning about them. This week I posted 101+ activities and crafts to do with a penguin theme and included a link back to this post. It was fantastic. I hope our readers stop by and visit your site! Thank you for inspiring others to write, learn, and connect with their children.

Style by the Streets said...

Great blogg post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...