Monday, April 11

Hippos and other things

Over here we are working on Deanna Jump's Zoo unit. All of the animals we create are so darling! This is by far one of my favorites. The first animal we learned about was the hippopotamus. Did you know they can open their mouth 4 feet wide! Oh, the things we learn teaching kindergarten.

After reading non-fiction books about the hippo we completed the question web. This is a great tool to get your kids asking questions and wanting to learn more about a topic. I write down their questions on sticky notes and post them to the web. This was posted on Growing kinders. I love it so much and use it all the time.
I finally made my mystery box from The Inspired Apple. I am excited to use it with my class. I think I will intoduce our next zoo animal with the mystery box.
We are also munching on cheese balls. And I'll have you know this container is almost empty. I am making Deanna Jump's a barrel of monkeys game.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Michele said...

I L.O.V.E. your blog! I check it everyday to see what fun things you are doing now. Do you teach all day kindergarten? I teach in Utah and we only do half day, and I wish I had enough time to do everything I wanted to. It looks like you guys have lots of fun! Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas!
Michele

Jessica said...

Michele,

I teach full day kindergarten. Thanks for reading!

The Bubblegum Tree said...

I know this is from a while ago but I just found it on Pinterest. I'm using the question map tomorrow! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...