Sunday, February 6

Name please

How do you get your kiddos to remember to write their name? Well, I just recently saw this amazing little trick while blog hopping. I really wish I could remember who posted it. Are you ready for the trick? Get about 4 different colored highlighters and place them near your turn in tray. Before they turn their work in they have to highlight their name. If there is no name to highlight then they remember to write their name. This works guys!
IMG_0724
IMG_0723
Name Reminder
I also sing. I sing a lot in kindergarten. Try this. “Name on top please (clap) first thing!”
Photobucket

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I sing a lot too. The name song in our classroom is to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It." Put your name on the top... on the top. (clap clap) Put your name on the top... on the top. (clap clap)
Put your name on the top. Put your name on the top. Put your name on the top... on the top. Even my third grade kiddos love singing it!

Emily Rocha said...

I have been struggling with the name issue as well. This is a great idea! I will definitely be doing this next year! I think my firsties will enjoy using the highlighters, too!

Anonymous said...

I believe its from ladybug teacher files :)

Anonymous said...

Used it! Totally works!

5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules said...

I still struggle with the name thing. Great idea. I just shared this freebie with everyone over at 3-6 Free Resources.

http://3-6freeresources.blogspot.com/
Thanks! :)

~Mimi
5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

Anonymous said...

where did you get that mug?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...